Job Description – Account Supervisor (#17301SGP)
Job Summary: The SGP Account Supervisor is the liaison between the marketing team and its clients. The Account Supervisor oversees the agency-client relationship, determining clients’ short-term and long-term needs, and ensures the team delivers.
In this role, the individual manages a portfolio of assigned customers, develops new business from existing clients, and actively seeks new opportunities. Account Supervisors liaise between customers and a cross-functional internal team to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and improve the entire customer experience. The Account Supervisor identifies customer needs, sets and meets client expectations, and collaborates with other practice areas to grow business. Knowledge of the healthcare industry and the business of healthcare is essential for the Account Supervisor role.
Key activities include:
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your clients
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiating account management contracts and agreements to maximize profit
In addition, the Account Supervisor may serve as a subject matter expert in an area of their specialty (digital marketing, media relations, content development) to help meet the demands of clients across the marketing group.
The Account Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to foster successful and productive client relationships. They develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors. Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Prepare presentations and sales pitches
- Design marketing strategies, proposals, project plans, and timelines
- Handle client communications, leading calls, and writing client reports to summarize activities and outcomes
- Communicate client agendas to other team members
- Monitor budgets, spending and revenue, and explain cost factors to clients
- Recommend additional services to the client when appropriate
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Record key metrics to report on account performance
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed internal goals
- Prepare report on account status
- Identify and grow opportunities within portfolio and collaborate with sales team to ensure growth attainment
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and the business of healthcare is essential.
- A bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- 5+ years of account management experience
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, present, and influence at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Solid experience with MS Office and other relevant software
Job Requirements: Client travel required
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume/CV and cover letter.
If you are applying to a specific position, please include the job title/code in the email subject line.