The Engagement Manager is a key role within the Market Research and Strategy line of business at Sage Growth Partners (SGP). Sage Growth Partners focuses on helping clients accelerate commercial success through a combination of market research, market strategy consulting and marketing communications. In this role, the qualified individual will be a key team member, responsible for leading major engagements. Working closely with the general manager and other SGP leaders, the Engagement Manager has significant responsibility for managing complex engagements and ensuring the delivery of the highest quality consulting services to our clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with client executives to assess strategic needs, provide a view of the future and design solutions to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Lead and oversee project teams by creating highly effective and collaborative work environments.
- Design and execute market research studies (qualitative and quantitative) to inform engagements and client deliverables
- Structure, facilitate and lead in-person client workshops to drive engagement progress and client buy-in
- Design and execute the development and implementation of recommendations to clients.
- Work with SGP senior leadership to develop and present findings, create C-Suite level presentations.
- Support the development of strong, lasting business relationships with clients that lead to positive references and follow-on work.
- Oversee client engagements and lead diverse teams to successfully achieve project outcomes
- Orchestrate multiple, complex work streams
- Identify, create, drive and deliver innovative strategies
- Provide quality control and performance outcomes for work performed by the engagement team
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills including decision making, communication, effective conflict resolution, self-awareness and team building
- Manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables and outcomes
- Manage day to day client relationships including client executive management
- Participate as a leader in practice management and innovation which includes creating and enhancing current tools, methodologies, and personnel development
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to lead our teams in developing solutions to difficult or complex client situates to ensure goals and objectives are met, including delivering results on time and within budget
- Digest large amounts of information/data and distill in into integrated, concise presentations for client executives
- Contribute to non-client projects as needed. For example, thought leadership, product development, process or other key SGP initiatives.
Education & Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or relevant medical/technical degree required, MBA/MHA/MPH or comparable graduate degree preferred
- 6+ years relevant experience required – healthcare operations or strategy consulting for the healthcare industry
- Proven consulting or healthcare experience in health information technology, hospital and health system strategy, payer strategy, medical technology strategy and health care landscape trends.
- Strong facilitation and oral communication skills with demonstrated success in leading strategic retreat and work sessions.
- Proven ability to distill large volumes of primary and secondary research into meaningful insights that link to market and commercial strategies.
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV and cover letter.
If you are applying to a specific position, please include the job title/code in the email subject line.