David Sheehy, Chief Operating Officer of Sage Growth Partners, LLC (SGP), is responsible for SGP’s strategy, operations, marketing and research businesses. He provides insight and multi-disciplined execution to growth-minded healthcare organizations, including health technology companies, health services organizations, hospitals and health systems, physician practices, insurers, trade associations and academic institutions.
David is a seasoned healthcare executive with over 25 years of strategic and operations experience broadly spread across the health and life sciences sectors. Prior to joining SGP, he held progressively more responsible leadership positions at Accenture for over 20 years, where his most recent position was Managing Director, Accenture Strategy – Health & Life Sciences.
David is respected for his innovative, analytical, and pragmatic solutions that help clients plan and implement corporate strategy, customer and market strategy, and new business and operating models. He has authored numerous thought leadership papers and presentations on a variety of topics that include consumerism, cost reduction, healthcare reform, and mergers and acquisitions.
Passionate about helping companies change to better serve their customers, David works collaboratively with his clients, drawing on his ability to understand executive agendas, develop relationships and deliver a broad range of services.
David’s previous leadership roles at Accenture included: Digital Consumer Lead, Client Account Lead, Life Sciences Management Consulting Lead, Life Sciences Strategy Practice Lead, and Commercial Services Offering Lead.
His prior experience also includes serving as a consultant in the health practice of Abt Associates and as an associate at Economic Analysis Group,Ltd.
Worked with incoming CEO of a health care services organization on transition planning and 90 day roadmap as part of a private equity-led transaction.
Developed, led and managed relationship with two Fortune 500 Life Sciences companies
Developed an international business growth strategy for an academic medical center that defined growth options and approaches, prioritized markets, created market development plans, designed new operating model, governance structure and overall implementation roadmap.
Led the creation of a Healthcare 2025 vision of the global healthcare market to support new health strategy and investments for a Fortune 50 company.
Chair, Board of Trustees, Baltimore Medical System (BMS), a community-based, independent non-profit that is the largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) system in , 2015 to Present
Member, Finance Committee, Board of Trustees, BMS, 2012 to Present
David earned a B.A. in Political Science from Haverford College in Haverford, Pennsylvania and an M.B.A. in Health Care Management from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- “Time to Get Together: Delivering Improved Health Outcomes through Pharmaceutical and Payer Collaboration” Accenture, 2012
- “Going for Growth: Balancing Price and Cost to Drive High Performance in a Recovering Global Economy – A Pharmaceutical Industry Perspective.” Accenture, 2011.
- “Biopharmaceutical High Performance.” Biopharma International, 2011.
- “M&A as a Strategy for Growth.” Pharmaceutical Executive,
- “Pharmaceutical Company and Payer Collaboration Opportunities.” Accenture, 2011.
- “Mergers & Acquisitions: A Strategy for Focused Growth in the Biopharmaceutical Industry during Uncertain Times.” Accenture, 2011.
- “Achieving Future High Performance in the Biopharmaceutical Industry: How Will You Dominate the Game?” Accenture, 2010.
- “M&A: A Strategy for Focused Growth in the Biopharmaceutical Industry During Uncertain Times.” Moderator and Presenter, GersonLehrmanGroup Life Sciences, Webinar, 2011.
- “Sustaining High Performance in BioPharmaceuticals.” Wharton Healthcare Management Association, Webinar, 2011.
- “The Pharmaceutical Industry’s Strategic Outlook and Opportunities.” Veeva Life Sciences Conference, Philadelphia, 2010.