As a Senior Vice President at Sage Growth Partners (SGP), Patrick Ball is focused on organizational and innovation development. Known for his innovative thinking and effective change management abilities, Pat deploys client-centered processes perfected while serving as the Planning Director for WellSpan Health, a three-hospital system, where he provided leadership and guidance to senior management. He is also recognized for his ability to guide executive management teams through a strategic planning process that results in actionable implementation plans.
Pat previously served as the President & CEO of CTY Consulting Group, LLC. His diverse background includes hands-on experience in the banking, civil engineering, manufacturing and distribution, credit bureau, legal and not-for-profit sectors.
Pat’s specific areas of focus include electronic medical record (EMR) selection and implementation; health information exchanges; organizational planning and expansion; program start-up and management; comprehensive clinical and administrative quality improvement services; risk management strategy and planning; grant acquisition and management; design, government approval, and building of medical and dental clinics; and staff leadership and management.
Pat has advised start-up organizations and programs in funding acquisition, organizational structure and organizational outcome measurement. His experience has included EMR system selection, business plan development, strategic planning, data analysis, quality improvement, risk management, compliance, leadership, and grant writing.
Facilitated and led strategic planning committees to create over 25 comprehensive strategic plans, including WellSpan 2020, Behavioral Health Services, Cardiovascular Services and Research and Medical Education.
Provided leadership and consultation services to business owners and senior business leaders.
Developed, formatted and delivered curriculum for corporate clients.
Founding member of the Business Development Council for a major central Pennsylvania coordinated healthcare organization transforming healthcare through sophisticated clinical information technology.
Led a 20-person, cross-functional team responsible for a successful ERP upgrade.
Implemented an ISO 9001 quality system in multiple non-compliant departments, resulting in a successful external re-certification audit.
Created a new, centralized, accounts payable function that led to increased departmental efficiency.
Pat earned his B.S. in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University and his M.B.A. from Johns Hopkins University’s Carey Business School.
- American Red Cross, York Chapter; Vice-Chair, Board of Directors; Co-Chair, Philanthropy Committee
- United Way of York County; Member, Public Policy Committee, Affiliations Committee; Past Chair, Board of Directors, Financial Stability Partnership, Resource Distribution Division; Chair, Day of Caring, 2003
- York County Community Foundation; Member, Embracing Aging Committee; Past Member, Distribution Committee
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Central Penn Chapter; Past President
- Treasurer, Board of Trustees, York Academy Regional Charter School
- Member, Board of Directors, York County Solid Waste Authority
- “Proper Planning and Procedures Vital for Third Party Administrator Audits.” New Perspective on Healthcare Audition. Summer 1997.
- “The Reinvention of Accounts Payable.” Americas’ SAP Users’ Group (ASUG) Annual Convention, Anaheim, CA. 2005.